I have a cgi-script that needs to generate a batch of images and insert them into the
HTML.  I am currently doing this using a "helper" script that does the generation for
each image and the call to this script and parameters are in an img tag.  However, if
I submit this page to the server, several of the images are not created and show up as
missing images, but some do show up (different each submission).  What I would really
like to do is to generate all of the images with one run of a script and insert them
that way.  I could do this with temporary files, but each call has the potential to
make several tens of files, with multiple calls in a row (depending on user
direction).  Is there a way that I can do this, either without temporary files or, if
with temp files, some direction about how to keep the files manageable?

Thanks,
Sean