Well a regex is a regular expression ... I am pretty sure you will come round
to it eventually if you go info hunting on perl.  A good book that I always
recommend (for beginners) is "Learning Perl" published by O'Reilly.

It is a bit difficult for a beginner sometimes as Perl can be used for so many
things that the spectrum of discussion even in a beginner's list is very
broad. I personally don't do anything with XML with Perl (and I have been at
Perl for two years now ...c ommercially ... not that I am saying aI am any
good).

Pick your spots with the mailing list topics.
On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 04:32:08PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] shaped the electrons to
read: