From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 2:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: This is odd to me

I read Learn Perl in 24 Hours.  I did the exercises in the book, and I wrote
a couple web pages where you could submit a text file that would be posted
onto the web (i.e. joke of the day sites).  I've written scripts that have
taken
files of lists of labels, compared them, then built a list of the ones that
were
in one an not the other file.  I thought that qualified me as a beginner.
Then
I join this group, and I get discussions of regexes and XML, etc.  I have
no idea what a regex is!  What books have you guys (who I assume are
beginners too, since that's the name of this board) been reading?  Turn
me into a beginner too!

Kirk