Hey Bill,

Tuesday, July 03, 2001, 10:05:47 AM, my MUA believes you used
Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19) to write:

CBT> Hi All

CBT>         Has anyone used ActivePerl's Perl Package Manager to install CPAN
CBT> packages? I down loaded the Tk package and I am trying to install it locally
CBT> with the following command

CBT>         ppm install Tk.ppd

CBT> and I get the following error:

CBT>         Failed to load PPM_DAT file

CBT> Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this error.

May seem like a silly question, but did the package you got from CPAN
have a Tk.ppd file?  I don't recall seeing .ppd files in downloads
from CPAN.  I usually just run PPM to get precompiled packages from
ActiveState...
ppm
search tk
install Tk     <--"the package from the returned list you want to install"

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! (http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/) eMail v1.53d