Hello Joel,

I think that your problem is in the ppd file.  If you open it up you will
see a bunch of stuff in there among which will be a line that looks like
this:

<CODEBASE
HREF="http://ppm.ActiveState.com/PPMpackages/5.6plus/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/DBI.tar.gz";

You need to change this to be a relative path looking to the directory
where the tar.zip file is located.  For example:
<CODEBASE HREF="MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/DBI.tar.gz"

If you do this then I think the the ppm install should work.

john

Hi Bill

I had faced this problem earlier I don't know why it is not installing the
module if downloaded to the local machine but when you are connected to
internet and when you try installing, it works properly. I have installed
modules from behind proxy / firewall.
If you find the solution please let me know.

Regards

Joel