I read this article and found it both good humoured and instructive.

Comedy it is not, and nor is it a mockery of the beginner. It gives a
perspective that beginners will do will to take on board if wanting help.

My own position is interesting (to me anyway<g>) since I give 'expert' answers
in javascript lists (though there are always questions that I don't know the
answers to, and some of my answers turn out to be flawed. But finding that out
is the value of the list to me. Nothing pleases me more than having my
preconceptions punctured. That opens new doors. It is liberating.

For Perl on the other hand I barely know how to ask a question. I find it
instructive to read some of the Q&A here, even though I understand little of
it. Issues are flagged. Sources of information are uncovered. Warnings about
the deficiencies of some information sources can be taken on board.

Thanks for this,

Rodney

--
Shop@ssistant Add-ons and Developer Workshops