Chas. Owens wrote:
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 20:24, Steve Bertrand<st...@ibctech.ca> wrote:

my $hours_used   = ($hours_lookup->get_month_hours($dbh, $username,
$search_date, 'dialup'));

Why are you creating a list here?  Just say

Do you mean the list ($dbh, $username, $search_date, 'dialup')? I think that is required for the function to work correctly. Otherwise there is no other list there, the external parentheses are superfluous and do not define a list. A scalar rvalue enclosed in parentheses is just a scalar value.

John
--
Those people who think they know everything are a great
annoyance to those of us who do.        -- Isaac Asimov