Steve Bertrand wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm still in the process of updating/replacing some accounting
> applications, and thought I'd ask for a peer review.

Thank you all for all of the wonderful detailed and descriptive
feedback. I now have a good deal of information to go over.

A couple of things:

- I use SVN for versioning. This particular app is one of many inside of
a single project, and I know of no easy way to maintain separate
versions for different files using the SVN revision string

- this program is in it's infancy, hence no documentation for it yet,
and no inclusion of arguments or usage. As John stated, this program is
simply meant to be 'run', so the only command line arg that I will ever
need is debug

- this program is so tightly wrapped into our highly customized and
proprietary ISP accounting system that it will be essentially useless to
anyone else. That said, I really should put in copyright etc

- my understanding of a Package is that it is something that gets used
by another program, as opposed to being a standalone program. This *is*
the stand alone program

- the two modules that I wrote that are used by this program have full
documentation for each function in POD format (with that said, it
doesn't display completely properly using perldoc yet, as at the time I
didn't completely understand how to write in POD format...I still don't,
but I've been working on it). BTW, no, neither one of those modules does
an error check on the instantiation of a new object, so point well taken
to ensure the object is created properly!

Off to make some changes.

Thanks everyone for the time and effort that you have put in to help me!

Steve