On 18/05/2011 22:37, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 14:25, Rob Dixon<rob.di...@gmx.com>  wrote:

That looks fine, except that all you have printed is a hash of data. It
isn't blessed and so it isn't an object.

Please grow up and ask Perl questions. It looks to me as if you are as
silly as each other. I certainly wouldn't employ either of you.

I also wonder if you 'Kenneth Wolcott' and your friend are the same
person. Since your name sounds English you embarrass me: the vast
majority of Englishmen are far more professional than yourself.

Wow.  My name is Ken Wolcott.

I was posting in the behalf of a real colleague whom I will not share now to
spare him this grief.

I doubt that your name is Ken Wolcott. Your original post said:

A colleague claims that he made no changes, code worked yesterday
and doesn't today.

He is not using OO Perl.

I have asked him for a small code snippet that reproduces the error
(I'm sure he is unwilling to show the entire code!).

And now you try to persuade us that:

We both work at a company which I will not share now because I do not wish
to harm my company by looking so foolish as to post to this list.

He has never posted to this email list previously.  His code itself is
strictly non-OO even though he is calling an OO Perl module.

We did not wish to expose the entire script to the entire world.

I'm sorry if both of us appear so incompetent to you.

Neither of us are experts at Perl.

I am not impressed by your concern for your 'friend'. Originally you
ridiculed him; now you are concerned for 'his' reputation and that of
your 'company'.

It is clear that neither of you are proficient at Perl. But, more
importantly, you are both unable to ask for help and be honest about
your situation.

But I will probably not post here again although I will probably read the
posts.

You are always welcome to any help that we are able to offer here, but
please look first at your character issues before you try to write
software. We are quite happy to accept innocent failure, but as long as
all we have is lies to work with you cannot be productive, no matter how
hard we try.

Thanks for your help, although it was not very helpful.

You are welcome to whatever we could offer you. But it is often
difficult to establish the true problem, even when the poster is telling
the truth.

Tell us your real name, and describe your problem. I promise we will try
to help.

Rob Dixon