On 02/21/2017 11:28 AM, SSC_perl wrote:
        In a MySQL db I have a `customers` table with a field called `hide`.
There are some strange values that I’d like to know where they’re coming from.
In most records `hide` is blank, some others have the value ‘1’, but a handful
have values like HASH(0x2ced735).
that value is a hash reference converted to a string. the number is the actual memory address of that hash and is meaningless at this point if the program is finished (likely since you are looking at the db much later).

        I take it from what little information I could find, that those are
%hash values stored in the db.  Unfortunately, I can’t find where they are
generated from in the script, so I was wondering if there was a way I could
decipher what’s in those HASH() vales?  Maybe that will help me find the source
and fix it.
you can't trace it from the value. but you can write code where that value is stuffed into the db and look for a reference vs 1 or a blank. then you can dump the call stack (with caller()) or do other debugging. something is putting a hash reference in there that shouldn't be doing it.

uri