On 02/21/2017 04:12 PM, David Precious wrote:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:11:10 -0800
SSC_perl <p...@surfshopcart.com> wrote:

On Feb 21, 2017, at 8:34 AM, Uri Guttman <u...@stemsystems.com>
wrote:

you can't trace it from the value. but you can write code where
that value is stuffed into the db and look for a reference vs 1 or
a blank. then you can dump the call stack (with caller()) or do
other debugging. something is putting a hash reference in there
that shouldn't be doing it.

        Thanks Uri, but that’s the problem - so far I haven’t been
able to tell where it’s being generated.  That’s why I was hoping to
decode that value.  Looks like I’ll have to continue searching. :\

As Uri explained, there's nothing to "decode" - it's just a string
representation, where the value is the memory address that hash had at
the time.

Look at all the places you execute queries; (at least) one of them is
accidentally passing a hashref instead of a scalar value.

One can also turn on the DBI trace log as well. It will show the inserts with the data. Of course it won't tell you where it is running from code-wise. And it won't help if you can't get the bad values to appear on demand either...

--Sam