On 02/21/2017 05:12 PM, David Precious wrote:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:11:10 -0800
SSC_perl <p...@surfshopcart.com> wrote:

On Feb 21, 2017, at 8:34 AM, Uri Guttman <u...@stemsystems.com>
wrote:

you can't trace it from the value. but you can write code where
that value is stuffed into the db and look for a reference vs 1 or
a blank. then you can dump the call stack (with caller()) or do
other debugging. something is putting a hash reference in there
that shouldn't be doing it.
        Thanks Uri, but that’s the problem - so far I haven’t been
able to tell where it’s being generated.  That’s why I was hoping to
decode that value.  Looks like I’ll have to continue searching. :\
As Uri explained, there's nothing to "decode" - it's just a string
representation, where the value is the memory address that hash had at
the time.

Look at all the places you execute queries; (at least) one of them is
accidentally passing a hashref instead of a scalar value.

that is pretty much my suggestion but you fleshed it out some more. the OP needs to find all the related sql inserts/updates and put perl code that dumps things if it finds any references (in general you should store references into a database - they are nonsense there). look for code that uses the table with the field in question and add the checking code to that.

uri