[message rearranged because of jeopardy style posting]

"Paul Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 03:08:23PM -0000, dan wrote:

answering my own question, i read back the newsgroup a little, and came
across an article about perlcc. i tried this..
perlcc -o output input.pl
however, since my program uses DBI, the end compiled program reads:

Connecting to SQL...
Undefined subroutine &DBI::dr::connect called at
</snip>
any ideas how i may be able to come over this?
Two.

1. Forget you ever heard about perlcc.
2. Prepare for some heavy duty hacking.

perlcc is experimental, incomplete and buggy and that looks unlikely to
change in the near future.

Dan wrote:
> so if perlcc is not a good way to compile your perl source for *nix systems,
> then what is?
>
> dan

There isn't a good way to compile perl programs. If your program is that important, tell your isp you need a static ip address and set up your own web server. Where Im located, a static ip address with an ADSL internet connection is (somewhat) reasonably priced.

But what I did was got a machine set up at a company I consult for, so my cost was the box and the domain name registration.

Todd W.