On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:15:17 -0400
Casey West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It was Thursday, July 31, 2003 when GregorioGonzalez took the soap
> box, saying:: Hello:
> :
> : I have heard that PERL is more valuable than learning C++ in terms
> of: IT, etc.
> :
> : What is your view of the matter.
>
> I agree.
>
> I'm a case-in-point.  In university I learnt C++ in the classroom,
> Perl on my own time.  I've never once found a decent C++ gig, and have
> been working steady using Perl ever since.
>
> Your milage may vary, however.
>
>   Casey West

Greetings

There's an excellent article by Lincoln Stein called "How perl saved the
human genome project" or something like that. I'm sure it would be easy
to find with a google search. Perl has the reputation (deserved IMHO) of
being the easiest language for the non-computer scientist to learn.

Regards

Mike