On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Bruce Whealton, Jr. wrote:

>Which one of these would be best equipped for SQL database work/designs?  If

Of these two, I think Perl is better-equipped.  I amused myself a couple of
times with trying basic Perlesque stuff in C++ and it's painful; Java is
even worse.  I didn't think I learned anything useful from the experience --
other than "don't bother" -- so I stopped.

>one is a
>webmaster or webmaster in training, which language would have the best means
>for creating
>and marinating a dynamic database driven web site?  I'm thinking in
>particular of a mysql database to
>create a dynamic database driven web site and application.
>
>I could use some tools/tutorials for learning about Perl Modules... also how
>to use perl for the above mentioned
>tasks, specifically mysql.

If you're planning to use Linux and Apache, http://www.onlamp.com/ (which
also explores PHP or Python in place of Perl).

D.