> Hello:

Howdy!

> I have heard that PERL is more valuable than learning C++ in
> terms of IT, etc.
>
> What is your view of the matter.

Perl is super valuable for Administrator, developers, etcc...
Saying it's more valueable than c++ is like saying apples are more valuable than
oranges.

For me, Perl has been way more valuable than c++ but I
hardly ever have a need to use c++ and Perl does everythign I need and more.
Then again lots of stuff I use are written in c++, but I don't have to know it.

I use Perl for 99% of my programming needs because it is so powerful
and flexible and the mailinglist is so awesome.

So basically learn all you can but no matter what learn Perl, you'll never regret it!

HTH

Dan