Hi,

I learn perl for about 3-4 slow years (meaning I am far from being
advanced), but I'm use to it.

I also don't know anything about IT stuff.

But I think learning perl before C++ would be good.
Actually the best which I had the chance to do because of my school, I
learnt perl bymyself and at my school we learnt Visual Basic
And now i have decided to go on with c++ for about a month and I found it
really easy to go jump in c++-- I can skip some chapters (less reading :-) )
personnally I think it is the best way to go at least for me.