Sorry missed a parenthesis. It would be nice if I had some way to paste from an X windows terminal from fink into a aqua app :-)....

Wiggins d'Anconia wrote:

Gupta, Sharad wrote:

I miscommunicated here, by path i did'nt meant the PATH env variable.
By Path i meant any string having some directories seperated by ":" , say it could be

FOO=E:\foo:D:\bar.

And yes it can be in the %ENV.

-Sharad

How about:

my @paths = split(/:(?!\\)/, $path;

Should be:

my @paths = split(/:(?!\\)/, $path);

http://danconia.org

perldoc perlre for more essentially it is using a zero-width negative look ahead assertion. At least I think :-)......

http://danconia.org

-----Original Message----- From: Casey West [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 3:12 PM To: Gupta, Sharad Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Splitting a path

It was Saturday, August 02, 2003 when Gupta, Sharad took the soap box, saying:
: : Hi,
: : I have a path which may look like:

use Env [EMAIL PROTECTED];

print "$_\n" foreach @PATH;