From: "John W. Krahn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
You don't need a do block, the conditional operator can handle it.
@udat{ 'x', 'y' } = $subs->anna_tilavuus( $x + $lisax, $y + $lisay, $z )
< 100
                  ? do { $subs->paivita( $x ); ( $lisax, $lisay ) }
                  : $subs->anna_tilavuus( $x, $y + $lisay, $z ) < 100
                  ? ( undef, $lisay )
                  : ();

This is one of the main things i'd like to discuss and improve with these constructs - the readibility.

Now we have to use conditional operators every now and then but they suffer from being one of the least readable solutions available. Also there might be need of big alterations in code if the programmer suddenly realizes she wants to get a value out from a construct - like Your example proves (and this was a short one).

If everything was perfect with this, she just adds her '@variables=' before a construct and no additional alterations must be made to code. Like i wrote in another mail, the 'do' made exactly what i'm searching for - if the 'do' could be omitted (and sadly only with if-command, i suppose).

ville jungman, 2 laureston crescent, tower, blarney, cork, ireland
tel. + 353 - 21 - 451 6847, http://www.kolumbus.fi/vilmak
usko Herraan Jeesukseen, niin sinä pelastut. (apt. 16:31)