On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 11:19:44AM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Km> i am  just curious -- is perl 6 coming with a compiler ?
> >>
> >> Why would they remove a feature already available since Perl 1?
>
> Rob> [snip]
>
> Rob> I think you and I both know what Km means by a 'compiler'.
>
> No. I don't we can possibly know precisely what is meant without
> elaboration.
>
> Hence, I'll answer the answer that matters the most to me. :)
>
> Most people that want a "compiler" (in the sense of creating an
> executable) either aren't paying attention, or have nefarious schemes
> in mind.  So, I'll answer the answer that actually fits the Perl
> world.

Those who've not been paying attention will be pleased to know that one
of those nefarious Parrot hackers has extended parrot to emit an
executable, with the help of a grant from those miscreants at The Perl
Foundation.

So it would appear that the answer to the question is that it already
does, on certain platforms, and insofar as there is a Perl 6.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net