I want to write a Perl program that will auto generate GIF images. The images that I want to generate will be about 30x80. It will be a black rectangle starting in the bottom-right with a few pixels border on the top and left. There will be a light blue rectangle starting in the top-left with a few pixels border on the bottom and right. There will then be 6- or 8-point black bold centered text that will be specified when the program is run. The background also need to be transparent. Can anyone give me any pointers on writing a Perl program that can do what I need? Links to examples are good too. Thanks.

--
Andrew Gaffney