> Jan Eden wrote:
> > Tim McGeary wrote on 13.07.2004:
> >

> >>Wiggins d Anconia wrote: <snip>

> >>That won't work (just tried it).  I cannot set a target in the DB.
> >>

> > Sorry, if I do not get you right, but... can't your script provide a
link list like this:

> > <ul>
> > </ul>
> >
> > This is what Wiggins meant when writing "modify your original
results page" (as far as I understand him). It has nothing to do with
the database nor with Perl. But it works, opening a new window when the
user clicks on a link.

> > - Jan
>
> Actually, I later realized this and indeed am looking into that
> possibility.  :)  I guess I should have responded as such.  Thank you
> for the reminder.

Yeh that is what I was getting at, obviously didn't do the best job
explaining :-).  (Tim, since you mentioned it was OSS I assumed you
could manipulate the link providing script.) If *all* else fails you
could always wrap the script call to the DB, with a second 'proxy'
script that calls the original page, parses it, and dynamically adds the
targets, but this is very *icky* compared to just modifying the original
source.

http://danconia.org