On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:45:52 -0400, Bob Showalter wrote
> perl.org wrote:
> >
> > I still don't understand the reasoning for this - how could adding
> > more to the sub signature be worse than not having any?
>
> This is explained in perldoc perlsub.

What section are you referring to?  The version I have has section on
prototypes but nothing seems to indicate that they shouldn't be used (is there
something specific I should grep for?).

This does kindof make me laugh though:

"Alphanumerics have
been intentionally left out of prototypes for the express purpose of
someday in the future adding named, formal parameters"

Sorry in advance to anyone who will inform me that's copyrighted content.