<code>
   my $replace = Sudo->new(
                           {
                              sudo => $sudo,
                              debug => 3,
                              username => 'root',
                              program => '/bin/cp',
                              #program_args => '-f
/tmp/alias_maint/aliases.new /etc/mail/aliases',
                              program_args => '-f
/tmp/alias_maint/aliases.new /etc/mail/aliases.richf',
                           }
                          );

   my $replace_rc = $replace->sudo_run;

   if (exists $replace_rc->{error}) {
      warn "ERROR: ", $replace_rc->{error}, "\n";
   }
   if (exists $replace_rc->{stdout}) {
      warn "STDOUT: ", $replace_rc->{stdout}, "\n";
   }
   if (exists $replace_rc->{stderr}) {
      warn "STDERR: ", $replace_rc->{stderr}, "\n";
   }
   if (exists $replace_rc->{rc}) {
      warn "RC: ", $replace_rc->{rc}, "\n";
   }
.
.
.
</code>

When this code gets run (via webpage) I get the following in the
error_log:

<snip>
> output:
> result: 256

STDOUT:
STDERR:
We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
Administrator. It usually boils down to these two things:

   #1) Respect the privacy of others.
   #2) Think before you type.

Password:

RC:
</snip>

In other words, it seems to be asking for a password. However when I run
this from a regular prompt as the webserver user, it works fine.

I have a check for the UID in the script, and it's the right one. I also
have NOPASSWD set in sudoers.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

richf