Derek B. Smith am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2006 20:31:
> --- zentara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:34:16 -0800 (PST),
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >I need to gather a single filename on hundreds of
> > >servers ranging in *UX flavors from AIX, HP,
[snip]
> > >I was initially thinking an scp command like so
> > >foreach my $server in (@servers)
> > > scp /etc/passwd /tmp/passwd.$SERVER
> > >
> > >but not all clients have ssh running and other
> > nuances
> > >such as no root ssh sign-in, no ftp, and
> > /etc/passwd
> > >is protected from downloads and reads by anyone but
> > >root.
[snip]
> > See:
> > http://perlmonks.org?node_id=198680
> >
> > Here is a version with a Tk front end:
> > http://perlmonks.org?node_id=387351
>
> ok but is it possible to emulate an ftp get from the
> master to retreive files from all clients w/out
> deploying the client code to all clients using this module?

Hi Derek,

Sorry for not providing an answer to your question (I *think* your question is
answered by the manual. If not, wait for zentara :-) )

I may miss something but it may make the person(s) who are responsible for
security nervous to hear of plans/thoughts

- to transfer hundreds of passwd files unencrypted over the network
- to place them in the /tmp directory with predictable file names
- of seeing disallowed root login, locked down files, and missing
  ftp as a problem

At least I would get nervous (although not having access to hundreds of
boxes...)

Dani