On 08/27/2007 03:50 AM, Praveena Vittal wrote:
hi All,

Thanks for all your replies...

Actually i tried the small program like below:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use CGI;
my $query =new CGI;

<----some other stuffs will be here-->

What other stuffs? If those other stuffs output body text, it'll be too late to send HTTP headers, and the redirection is done from within the HTTP headers.

print $query->redirect('http://google.com');

This does not do a POST redirection.

When i run this code i am getting a blank page with the following printed in the screen...

That suggests that you output something that prevented your status and location statements from making it into the headers.

and not redirecting to the url given...

Can you please tell me the reason for the same?

I need to send the parameters via POST method without any confirmation from the users...

Thanks & Regards,
Praveena

Nope, user confirmation is required if the browser is honoring the redirection.

Read RFC 2616 (HTTP):
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616.html