GReat advice from all the experienced berner folks out
there.  Having a 13 week old berner boy and 2 older
girls, it is imperative to have appropriate
expectations for all.

I would recommend getting a couple of the wonderful
puppy books that address developmental stages.  They
will help to keep you on course with what is realistic
for your baby.  As these guys and gals grow it is hard
to remember that they are infants and everyhting is
new.

Here is a rough schedule of our puppy day, perhaps it
will help.

Cutter goes to bed about 11pm and wakes up the first
time around 5:30 to go out.  Then we put him back to
bed and he sleeps about another hour.

Outside to potty
Breakfast
Play
Outside to potty
Play/training
Nap
Outside to potty
Play/Training/or a short 10 minute walk.
* I am trying the tether approach to walking.  I
secure his leash around my waist and the other end to
his collar, positioning him on my left side and walk
with treats to teach where and how I want him to walk
with me.  Of couse when we train-walk in the yard he
is not teathered and I can be seen making an absolute
fool of myself doing the wacky walk, singing, laughing
etc, to get him to follow me.
Lunch
Play
Potty
play
Nap...me too!
Potty
play/training
Potty
Nap
Potty
Dinner
play
potty
play/short walk
nap
potty
play
potty
nap
potty
play
potty
BEDTIME!!!!!!!

It is a good thing I am not working these days,
because this is a big job.  I have so much respect for
people who are raising a new puppy and children.  I
don't know how you do it.
Hope this helps!
Wendi

=====
Wendi Giordano [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Striving to be worthy of my beautiful Berner girls...
Miss Kitty (Swiss Stars Cat Balou)
Splash (Swiss Stars Over Niagara)
And Struggling to live up to "A tired puppy is a good puppy."
Cutter (Swiss Stars Black Diamond)