I for one, have to spend time with a new pup or dog to name it.  The name
has to fit the dog.  My first Berner "Beau"  was named by my husband.  The
man who used to say, "We don't need another dog".   After a week with us and
no name,  my husband arrived home from the neighboring town, at the tip of
Cape Cod  and announced he had a name for "Pup-pup".  He was driving across
a narrow stretch of land, bordered on one side by Cape Cod Bay, and the
other by "East Harbor" and the dunes beyond.  The sun was shining on the
water and suddenly the name "Beauregard"  just popped into his head.  In
spite of my husbands fears that we would all laugh at him, we immediately
agreed that Beauregard he was.

As for Halley, our re-homed BARC girl, she came to us named "Brandy".  This
did not work for us at all.  She came home and after a few days of my boys
watching this whirling dervish and her boundless energy, they named her
"Halley", after Halley's Comet.  Shes is fast, she is bright, she travels,
she shines.

Janice Parky and Halley
BARC's Comet Comes Home
In memory of Beau, Pond Village Beauregard
North Truro, MA