Molly,

(And I know you already know this - I'm just giving the numbers we have
for everyone who hasn't seen them yet!) With anything that is expressed
in terms of an overall average, there will be many above and many below
that average. So taking the statistics on males from the health survey,

The neutered males lived an average of 92.96 months, or about 7.75
years.
The intact males lived an average of 59.88 months, or about 5 years.
The males used for breeding purposes lived an average of 85.19 months,
or about 7.1 years.

That doesn't mean that all intact males will live to be only 5 years of
course, but with an almost 3 year difference in the average? I'd neuter
unless I wanted to use the dog for breeding. That was an interesting
difference. I'm hoping with the next survey we get more of a response to
be able to see if the statistics hold up with better participation.

You hug that 11 year old Bogen for me, or better yet - I'll hug him
myself next week!! I assume I'll get to clap for him in the veteran
class?

Pat Long (& Luther)
Berwyn PA