In a message dated 7/10/2003 1:04:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Are Berners not as sensitive to pack issues so Henley isn't getting the
> message?   Or am I just spoiling him too much by keeping my nose in
> things?  Is the Chessie entitled to continue drawing blood to assert his
> position, or is there a point when his human should take a
> stand on how
> far he can go?

Deborah,
I dont think Berners are any more or less sensitive than other breeds to pack issues.
And I think letting the dogs work things out on their own is perfectly fine IF no one
is getting hurt and the conflicts are over fairly quickly (5 seconds or so.)

But here you may need to manage the situation and keep them seperate anytime one has
food like feed in seperate rooms and keep one crated or in a closed room when you are
not home just for everyone"s piece of mind (And keeping leashes attached and dragging
in the house will help you to seperate them if another fight occurs)

good luck!!

Vilma Briggs (Kistner)
Mt. Gilead, OH
U-UD Mocha Java Slurp, UDX, HIC, TT
Ch. Brighteye Expresso Bean, UD, NDD, TT
U-CDX Our Little Buddy, UD, NA, TT
Thirdtym's A Charm, CD
Hob Nob Clouds In My Coffee (puppy "Perc")
and foster Bernerboy: Brew/Bruin