Liz,

Your comments brought to mind a problem I have had in
the recent past. I have come to know two women who
have purchased their dogs from pet stores, one is a
Schipperke and the other a Papillion. They are both of
my parents generation (non Internet). I am not
particularly close to either but they belong to a club
that my husband and I belong to and being dog owners
we have at least that in common. I have found that
neither did any research on their breeds, never
mentioned looking for a breeder, typical "just had to
have one" syndrome.
I am not a particularly outspoken person, but I also
feel strongly regarding this subject and I am at a
loss as to how to enter into the topic of pet store
puppies. They are both so very proud of their pups and
the last thing I want to do is insult them.
How do I go about opening the topic without offending
them? Without it seeming a direct insult to them and
their dogs.
If they had Berners is would be a no brainer, but they
are not overly impressed with my big beautiful, hairy,
messy lovable dogs :-)
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheryl, Tessa & Tanner