Ali:

I would be glad to inform Yakov, Keyur and Pedro of these issues I perceive
with the draft.  It would be delightful to see why they thought your
structure was reasonable.

Yakov and Pedro have not been in active discussions regarding IDR next-hop
mechanisms in the last year.  For 2014, Keyur and others on the IDR list
have been discussing new next-hop drafts.  I suggest you consult the IDR
mail list for these discussion regarding that the following draft.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandevelde-idr-remote-next-hop/

At:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/idr/current/msg13658.html  (my
comments)
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/idr/current/msg13689.html  (Eric
Rosen's)

Eric Rosen raises some very useful points on this specific draft, and the
design of reliable next-hop mechanism.  It is Eric's comments and others
that have caused me to start a conversation regarding this topic.

 Please note I lead this discussion on the EVPN with a pragmatic note.   If
the EVPN is deployed and implemented by 2 vendors (as we require for IDR WC
LC of protocol standards), then it should be standard rather than sit on the
shelf.  We can consider a revised BGP mechanism in the future, but it must
be deemed more efficient or better scaling.

Best wishes,

Sue