Dear authors,

I couldn’t make it to the BESS meeting, so my apologies if some of these things
have been discussed.

Some comments/questions:

- In the last IETF, I suggested the use of BGP and the BGP-BFD attribute to
exchange discriminators, as in section 3.1.6 of
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover. The idea seemed to be accepted, but it is
not in the new version. This would allow the signaling of the discriminators
along with MAC/IP routes, IMET routes, AD per-EVI routes, IP-Prefix routes,
etc. without the burden of having to support the EVPN LSP-ping draft.

- The draft describes an encapsulation and an alternative encapsulation. Is the
intend to keep both? Wouldn't be better to leave only one to ease
implementations and interoperability?

Thank you.
Jorge