From: Donald Eastlake <d3e...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, November 5, 2018 at 8:48 PM
To: "Rabadan, Jorge (Nokia - US/Mountain View)" <jorge.raba...@nokia.com>
Cc: "bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>,
"draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd.auth...@ietf.org"
<draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd.auth...@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: Comments about draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-01

    Hi Jorge,

    On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 4:44 AM Rabadan, Jorge (Nokia - US/Mountain
    View) <jorge.raba...@nokia.com> wrote:

    > Dear authors,
    >
    > I couldn’t make it to the BESS meeting, so my apologies if some of these
things have been discussed.

    > Some comments/questions:

    Thanks for sending comments.

    > - In the last IETF, I suggested the use of BGP and the BGP-BFD attribute
to exchange discriminators, as in section 3.1.6 of
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover. The idea seemed to be accepted, but it is
not in the new version. This would allow the signaling of the discriminators
along with MAC/IP routes, IMET routes, AD per-EVI routes, IP-Prefix routes,
etc. without the burden of having to support the EVPN LSP-ping draft.

    There is a draft version -02 in the works intended to include
    distribution of BFD discriminators in BGP but this revision was not
    completed to the agreement of the authors in time to posted before
    this meeting.

    > - The draft describes an encapsulation and an alternative encapsulation.
Is the intend to keep both? Wouldn't be better to leave only one to ease
implementations and interoperability?

    Currently, the candidate version -02 draft dispenses with with the
    alternative encapsulation.

    Thanks,
    Donald
     1424 Pro Shop Court, Davenport, FL 33896 USA
     d3e...@gmail.com