Hi Jorge,

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 4:44 AM Rabadan, Jorge (Nokia - US/Mountain
View) <jorge.raba...@nokia.com> wrote:

> Dear authors,
>
> I couldn’t make it to the BESS meeting, so my apologies if some of these
> things have been discussed.
>
> Some comments/questions:

Thanks for sending comments.

> - In the last IETF, I suggested the use of BGP and the BGP-BFD attribute to
> exchange discriminators, as in section 3.1.6 of
> draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover. The idea seemed to be accepted, but it is
> not in the new version. This would allow the signaling of the discriminators
> along with MAC/IP routes, IMET routes, AD per-EVI routes, IP-Prefix routes,
> etc. without the burden of having to support the EVPN LSP-ping draft.

There is a draft version -02 in the works intended to include
distribution of BFD discriminators in BGP but this revision was not
completed to the agreement of the authors in time to posted before
this meeting.

> - The draft describes an encapsulation and an alternative encapsulation. Is
> the intend to keep both? Wouldn't be better to leave only one to ease
> implementations and interoperability?

Currently, the candidate version -02 draft dispenses with with the
alternative encapsulation.

Thanks,
Donald
 1424 Pro Shop Court, Davenport, FL 33896 USA
 d3e...@gmail.com