I am having the following unicode problems with SlimServer:

1. The official 6.2 version and the 6.2.1 builds will cause SlimServer
to crash when it starts playing a song with Unicode characters in the
song or artist name. Everything works fine when name is fully in latin
characters, but as soon as a song with non-latin font starts playing,
Slimserver crashes. This happens with any of the three truetype Unicode
fonts in the Graphics directory (or with none at all).

Some older builds of 6.5.1b seem to work, however. For instance, I am
running the 10-29 build without this problem, while the 11-01 build
does not work. I have noticed that the builds that do not work update
the SB2/3 firmware (I have both) to version 27, and the ones that work
use version 26. The builds that work properly display the Unicode
characters on the SB2/3, although still they cannot find file names
with non-latin characters (see below).

2. I have not been able to have ANY version of the SlimServer see
directories or song files with unicode characters in their name. When
the directory/song names are changed to latin characters, the artists
and song titles are displayed properly in unicode by the SlimServer
(and for the versions that do not crash when they start playing them,
also on the SB2/3).

Any help appreciated...

Yannis

--