>Are you running with the included MySQL server or are you running
>another?

I am running my own MySQL instance.

It sounds like I have the same problem as you discovered.  My setup sounds very
similar to yours:

Windows XP Pro server with Perl version of SlimServer 6.5b1, svn9171
using ActiveState Perl 5.8.8 build 817.  External MySQL 5.0.21 run on the same
server.
SlimServer run as a service using srvany.exe and installed with instsrv.exe
from the Windows Resource Kit.

Everything was fine until yesterday I believe, as I usually run a batch job
twice a day to stop the service, update svn and restart.  I noticed my library
was empty yesterday morning.