i love the idea you are talking about...

i have a radio DJ background and what we would do is play something on
air, and then use the board (the faders mixer) to "cue" what we wanted
to listen to next as whatever played on air.

you're essentially saying use the SBC to run the board, and ALSO
simultaneously use the SBC to act as a player doing "cue."

that would be a neat "mode" to switch the SBC into, imo.  file a bug!
:)

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / SBC - w/SC 7.3b - Win XP Pro
SP3 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655