Philip Meyer;382762 Wrote:
> >Still multiple entries shown in the Album view.
> >
> I'm a bit confused as to what your actual problem is - what you want to
> be displayed.
>
> I think you are saying that you see two albums, instead of the tracks
> merged into one.  This underlying issue is due to the tracks being in
> different folders, instead of all tracks for the album being in one
> folder.
>
> Phil

I would like to see a compilation album that I have set a COMPILATION=1
tag for all tracks, to just display once in the list of albums.

So in my examples in previous posts I want to see:

'10 Things I Hate About You' to be displayed just once in the album
list.  Click on that and it displays the Album and all tracks/artists
on that album.

With a COMPILATION=1 tag for my Ministry Of Sound Anthems album it
works, on the 10 Things I Hate About You album, it does not.  So I'm
wondering what else it could be - all other tags are set in the same
way.

So I'm removing any reference to album artist and albumartist and just
setting a compilation tag.  See if that works.  If it doesn't then I
don;t think Squeeze can do what I want it to do (or least behave in the
same way it used to back in v5).

My music is stored under /artist/album/track.
So a compilation album will be stored under several /artist folders.
All displays fine in MediaMonkey with an album artist flag set to
'Various'.

Will play around and see what happens.  In meantime if above clears
anything for you do let me know.

cheers,
Dav

--