>UPDATE #1:
>
>Just spotted something that may cause the problem - the FLAC codec used for 10
>Things I Hate About You is ref lib v1.1.2 and the Ministry Of Sound is v1.2.0.
>Could this be the cause of it?
>
>UPDATE #2:
>Re-encoded some tracks from the 10 Things I Hate About You album and guess
>what? Now showing those tracks under the ONE album name in Squeeze.
>COMPILATION=1 tags were set (as before). So, is there something wrong here -
>surely I don't have to re-encode all my flac files (and I have thousands!)
>just to support this?
>
>Thoughts?

I didn't see this part of your post initially, as I normally read via email.
Updating messages is a really bad idea.

You shouldn't need to re-encode 1.1.2 -> 1.2.0.  I generally have re-encoded my
music to the latest FLAC (1.2.1 I think), as I wanted to encode at level 8.
But I don't recall ever having issues like you have seen.

Maybe there was a tagging bug in 1.1.2, or specifically something wrong in your
tags that has been fixed by re-writing them.

You could try updating the tags in Mp3Tag.  i.e. remove all tags (using the red
X button), and then force a re-save of FLAC tags (select all, then Ctrl-S).