autopilot;453468 Wrote:
> I don't like having all apps thrown into My Apps in a flat list

I agree.  This is not progress.
I can cope, because I read the forums thus know what to expect, and I
"installed" the "Apps", so I know to look for these non-App things in
"My Apps".  However, anyone else who casually approaches a player that I
have set up would never think of finding internet radio stations within
"My Apps", because they aren't their apps - they didn't install them.
They would expect to find them within Internet Radio, seeing that still
exists with some stuff in it.

Having the same sub-folder categories in My Apps would be a slight
improvement, but still not correct.  They need to integrate into the
existing menus, and ideally be configurable.

How are plugins handled?  i.e they are installed into Squeezebox
Server, and then appear in player menus without needing to be installed
as Apps.

I don't think it's even clear what App Gallery is.  It's not clear that
this is a list of applications that need to be installed before they can
be used; nor where to find them once installed.

It would be better if it were a list of applications available for
installation.  i.e. once installed, remove from App Gsllery.

One of the reasons for changing to an Apps approach was apparently that
people found it hard to discover features.  I don't think this helps;
certainly when there are new Apps available.

Why is it deemed easier for users to browse App Gallery, find a radio
provider, install the app, then browse My Apps to find the app again?

Users will have to periodically look through App Gallery to discover
new Apps.  That means skipping through all the apps that they have
already installed, or ignored.

Taking out apps that have been installed would be good.  Being able to
hide apps that the user has no interest in would be good too.  Perhaps
some way of displaying apps in some order would be good.

Will users expect to find a way to "Upgrade Apps", "Uninstall Apps",
find the version of their installed App?

--
Philip Meyer