I'm quite late to this party, having only discovered this issue when the
official 7.4 was foisted upon the masses.  I made a wiki page that
explains the various button press behaviors in (certain) different
contexts, both old and new.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezeboxControllerMenuActionButtons

What I find interesting/perplexing is that it would have been easiest
to make the Push+Hold Center Button the means for getting to the context
menu (which I otherwise think is a great idea).  Instead, we get the
madness that is the post 7.4 table.  What I find most irritating is that
now there is no way at all to add a folder's contents to the playlist
next.

--
eq72521