"+ press" as "open CM" is basically set in stone as the default for 7.4.

"+ hold" works as the old "+ press", that is "Add to End"

There is a ShortcutsApplet that is most likely not getting into 7.4 due
to time running out that allows you to customize the button's press and
hold to perform custom behavior.  I'd have like to have seen this get in
to the release, but it looks like it will not.

In the meantime, for users wanting to change the defaults, you can
modify the file /usr/share/jive/jive/InputToActionMap.lua to modify the
keyActionMappings.press and keyActionMappings.hold mappings to remap,
for instance, "KEY_ADD" press to "add_end" and "KEY_ADD" hold to
"play_next". Note: there is still a bit of internal cleanup I'll be
doing shortly to the action names (for instance "play_next" isn't
currently there), that won't affect the underlying mappings, so I'd wait
until the next nightly before trying out manipulating the
InputToActionMap.lua file.

--
Tom Wadzinski

Tom Wadzinski (Former username "Planktonic")
Logitech Developer - SqueezePlay