iboum;495601 Wrote:
> Err, yes it is!
>
> I for one use a Media Player (Xtreamer) for both audio and video. Oh,
> and internet radio, and watching Youtube, and if I wanted I could also
> view photos..
>
> The usual place people want to listen to music is the living room. Most
> people have the TV and Hi-Fi in close proximity. It makes complete sense
> to have one box connected to both and serving all media.
>
> Not sure about the old and new world. I'm in the UK, what does that
> make me?!

I have to agree with pippin, music and video is two totally different
things. People that only have a single Squeezebox in the living room
might think it's somewhat similar. However, when I got my second
Squeezebox I started to see a clear difference between them. It's really
a big advantage to be able to play music in any room in the house and
have full access to the central library. You are forgetting about
devices like the Boom or Radio that doesn't need a separate HiFi system
to work.

Video is totally different, especially if you have a media center
solution like Tivo or MythTV who handle all the recording. In this case
you really only watch TV when you want to and when you do it you watch
something you like to watch. I've more or less stopped having the TV on
as a background while I'm doing something else, it doesn't make sense
when you can select something you really want to see.

However, there is a video use case that makes sense together with music
and that's watching music videos. A YouTube client which you can used to
preview new music before buying it would be a great enhancement to the
Squeezebox line, especially since Spotify doesn't seem to be something
that Logitech focus on.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))