>2) When my alarm fires in the morning and I want to turn the alarm off
>but keep the alarm playlist going (i.e. continue listening to the radio
>until I choose to turn it off) I can find not way to do this except to
>turn the alarm off (which stops the playlist) and then restart the
>playlist

The current approach is that you have to press the Back button to get rid of
the naff alarm popup window.

I am hopefull that eventually, the Alarm Timeout=0 setting will mean that the
alarm will reliably start playback without being in alarm mode.  Hence no pop
up, and you get your standard Now Playing screensaver instead.  I think it kind
of works now, but it's not reliable.  Often stopping music will then bring up
the alarm dialog, and other weird things like that.

It's not a good solution for everyone though - if you use Alarm Timeout=0, that
means no snooze function, customisable alarm screensaver or auto music off
after <n> minutes (as the player won't be in alarm mode).

Power Off or Stop already stops music thus stopping alarm mode, so it would be
so much nicer if Volume knob push = Snooze, and then no popup dialog would be
necessary, and the LCD screen could be used for displaying something useful.
And the navigate knob could do navigation.