Philip Meyer;511738 Wrote:
> >Phil, can you stop please? You've posted about a dozen times about
> your
> >opinion on the "naff" alarm window. I get it. You have a bug open, it
> >will eventually be addressed.
> >
> >I believe in the open forum concept, but if I'm reading the same
> thing
> >repeatedly from you it turns into noise.
> >
> Okay, I'm sorry.  I'm quite passionate, but don't mean to be rude.  I
> won't call it naff anymore (although I think I've only lost my rag and
> actually called it naff twice!).
>
> On the other hand - hey, not fair!  Different threads, different
> forums, different people.  And I've only been responding to different
> threads where people are repeatedly saying the opposite.  It's only
> fair.
>
> This is the first official response to any of those posts, and it's
> nice to hear that eventually something will be done.  I've been around
> here long enough to understand that if you don't drum up enough support
> in the forums to vote for bugs/enhancements, then nothing happens.  I
> think if nothing else, there's been enough responses to various threads
> *by everyone* (not just me) that shows that there is no right answer.
>
> At least I know now that my messages finally seem to be getting through
> the email gateway reliably!
>
> Once again, sorry.  I realise you've been doing some good work on
> reliability of alarms, didn't mean to touch a nerve on the UI side of
> things.

If you want bug votes it is effective to post the bug number or the
link to bugzilla. I did not see it anywhere.

Bugzilla search is hopeless for many reasons, most obviously us end
users can call a problem anything we like .

I have no radio yet so I have not formed an opinion, I will get a radio
when you can have the battery. Will lug it around so I need the
battery.

I'm happy with the boom as alarm clock, backlith buttons and a large
dedicated snooze button, this can not be compensated for even with the
most clever UI .

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: SB3 (soon to replaced by a Touch :) It is on preorder)
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Receiver (soon to be replaced by my SB3 and the SBRto be
stuffed in a box in the attic )
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
controll this