Chunkywizard;511673 Wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> can you explain why it's out of scope for 7.4.2? I thought (undoubtedly
> incorrectly) that if you diagnosed the issue on 7.5 it could be back
> ported to 7.4.2 quite easily. I know there is a rush on 7.4.2 and I
> guess this might delay it but does the integration into 7.4.2 take very
> long? I hope you don't think I'm criticising here, I'm not. I'm just
> interested in the development decision process.
>
> Cheers
>
> CW

Sure, I can explain.

We are trying to release a stable 7.4.2. These are the goals of the
release:

1) Alarm reliability
1a) Network reliability
and
2) Fix the battery charging algorithm

backporting from 7.5 to 7.4 really has nothing to do with it...the
change I put in for fixing the sleep UI behavior introduces risk. Not
huge risk, but certainly enough lines of code to be considered
non-trivial. That's why it won't be in 7.4.2. Make sense?

FWIW, if I were to open the floodgates right now and post to the beta
forum on what people think needed to be in 7.4.2, I'm not sure it would
ever get released...

#!/ben

--
bklaas

Logitech Developer:
Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter
Community Developer: Nokia770Skin

http://www.last.fm/user/bklaas/
'KHAAAN!' (http://khaaan.com/)...'BUNNIES!'
(http://home.pacbell.net/bettychu/2003allbreedbisris/BIS.html)