Philip Meyer;539158 Wrote:
> >I suggests "play random from playlist" this could also allow for
> >playlist bigger than the set limit as random only feeds sbs with
> small
> >portion of files and then load more files when you reach the end of
> NP
> >list.
> >And this would make random include things you want instead of trying
> >exclude things with a set of rules.
>
> This is all covered by Erlands plugins - Custom Browse/Dynamic
> Playlist/SQL Playlist.
>
> Context Menu/Mixers are available on a playlist.  From here, select
> Dynamic Playlists > Random songs from playlist.  This will keep a
> history of n played tracks, and show n future tracks.
>
> SQL Playlist allows finer control of the songs to be chosen for
> playback as dynamic playlists.

Aha ! I never got my head around and actually understood what Erlands
plugin really does and how to implement them. Ok so Custom
Browse/Dynamic Playlist would do this and moore ?
Do I need to tag my files in any special way or do some complicated
setup to get it going ? Hmm I may try them this weekend.
Thankyou.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J and assorted amps SiriuS,
Classe'Primare and Dynadio speakers (including a pair of Contour 4 )
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this