I did manage to kill the Transporter's audio output by setting the
scroll rate to something crazy like 0.0001.  IR responsiveness was
poor, there were some dropouts, then the audio went out completely,
while everything else seemed to continue working and the sync'd SB2
continued to play.

Power cycling fixed it and I haven't been able to duplicate it again in
about 10 minutes of playback with the same scroll rate setting.  IR
responsiveness is fine, no dropouts.  The scrolling is smooth, but like
I mentioned above, it looks like it peaks at some particular rate.

--
JJZolx