erland;601461 Wrote:
> Why would anyone have ALBUMARTIST and COMPILATION=1 on a track ? Is
> there a reason for this ?
>
> The only reason I can think of is if you don't want the artist to
> appear in the artist list and instead appear under "Various Artists".
> Or maybe if you want compilation "Best of xxx" albums which only have
> tracks of a single artist to appear under "Various Artists".
>
> Still, it feels correct that the artist isn't included in the main
> artist list, I just feel that it might not be necessary to handle this
> special case.
>
> COMPILATION=0 is different, because that is used to force the
> individual ARTIST tags to appear directly in the main artist list and I
> assume this works also together with an ALBUMARTIST tag.

I do this for tribute albums and similar. I would like the album artist
to show up in the artist list and the album to show up under VA.

I have noticed the compilation 0 behaviour and thought that the
different handling of 0 and null values was a bug. With AA and
compilation 0 the track artists were shown in the artist list (as well
as the album artist, if I remember correctly).

--
vagskal

2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on
iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 | 7.5.3 on Win XP